So, I booked my wedding with JPC? WTF do I do now?
10 steps to get the badass wedding hair and makeup you have always wanted.
1) Practice self-love. If you wouldn’t say it to your best friend don’t say it to yourself. Once you’ve gotten that down and you want to start working on how to feel and look your best on your wedding day here are some easy steps:
2) Stay hydrated. I know that we always talk about this, but it's truly the most important part of any of health and beauty regimen!
3) Always use sunscreen. Especially the week of the wedding. Tan lines/sunburns are extremely hard to cover with makeup(and may not be able to be).
4) Consider getting regular facials leading up to your wedding. Talk with a licensed Esthetician on the proper facials and treatments that’ll work best for you. If it’s in your budget and something you’re interested in, consider getting Botox for any fine lines (I bring this up because the most common question I encounter is: "how do I get rid of my fine lines and wrinkles?").
5) For your hair: I don’t recommend any major changes close to your wedding day (such as a drastic hair color change or length). Subtle highlights are always a good idea to add dimension in hair styling. Schedule regular trims and talk with your hair professional on the best treatments for you. Bonus Tips: If using clip-in/Halo hair extensions, please make sure they're the correct length and color BEFORE your hair trial. We don't cut hair on wedding days or at trials.
The Week of the Wedding: 6) If you get your hair wet in the pool/ocean: Wet your hair first before getting in. This will act as a barrier between your hair and the chlorine/salt. Cleanse your hair and condition as soon as you're done. If you’re using clip-in extensions. PLEASE have them CLEAN and brushed out.
7) Cleanse your face morning and night. Use an eye cream and face moisturizer twice a day.
8)Do any facial waxing services at least a week before. Waxing too close to the wedding day can result in the makeup not taking properly on your face. If spray tanning, book the services a couple days beforehand.
The Day of the Wedding: 9) Have clean and dry hair for any hair services. (Unless booking a blow dry service, then the hair should be clean and damp.)
10) Please have a cleansed and exfoliated face with no makeup left over from the night before. Apply moisturizer and eye cream. Bonus Tips: Make sure to eat BEFORE your makeup appointment. A good time to eat is while getting your hair done. Use a straw for drinking once you have your lips done. If you cry, DAB your makeup. No rubbing.
My team and I know exactly how to treat your skin and hair on the day of the wedding. We use the proper steps to ensure your makeup and hair lasts all day!
Now, repeat step number one; Go practice some self love. Your wedding day is going to be magical.
You’ll feel and look your best. I’m certain of it!