So, I booked my wedding with JPC? WTF am I supposed to do now?
10 steps to get the badass wedding hair and makeup you have always wanted.
1) Practice self-love. If you wouldn’t say it to your best friend don’t say it to yourself. Once you’ve gotten that down and you want to start working on how you’re going to feel and look your best on your wedding day here are some easy steps:
2) Stay hydrated. I know that we always talk about this, but it truly is the most important part of any sort of health and beauty regimen!
3) Always use sunscreen when going outside. Don’t skip that step.
4) If you haven’t started getting facials, definitely consider getting them leading up to your wedding. Talk with the license Esthetician on the proper facials and treatments that’ll work for you. -If it’s in your budget and something you’re interested in, consider getting Botox for any fine lines that you find challenging. (Obviously you don’t need this, and it’s definitely not something that is required to be the best version of yourself.)
5) For your hair: I don’t recommend any major changes close to your wedding day (such as a drastic hair color change that you’ve never done before). Subtle highlights are always great for styling to show off your style more. Get regular trims and talk with your hair professional on the best treatments for you.
The Week of the Wedding:
6) If you’re partaking in diving into a pool/ocean. Cleanse your hair and condition as soon as your finished in the pool. In fact a great tip, if you’re going to get your hair wet in a pool/beach, get your hair wet first with tap water. This will act as a little bit of a barrier between your hair and the chlorine/salt. If you’re using clip-in extensions. PLEASE have them CLEAN and brushed out.
7) Cleanse your face morning and night. Use an eye cream and face moisturizer twice a day.
8)Do any facial waxing services at least a week before. If spray tanning, book the services a couple days beforehand.
The Day of the Wedding:
9) Have clean and dry hair for any hair services. (Unless booking a blow dry service, then the hair should be clean and damp.)
For your skin: 10) Please have a cleansed and exfoliated face with no makeup left over from the night before. Apply moisturizer and eye cream.
My team and I know exactly how to treat your skin and hair on the day of the wedding. We use the proper steps to ensure your makeup lasts all day! We also use the correct hair products to ensure your hair has the best holding power.
Now, repeat step number one. Go practice some self love. Your wedding day is going to be magical.
You’ll feel and look your best. I’m certain of it!